Please email your resume and cover letter for this position.
This is a live-in position with Boys and Girls Country and we are currently looking for team that are led by God to work as Teaching Parents to help change the lives of children. We are also looking for Single Teaching Parents with no live-in dependents (this is due to the rotation and live-in quarters). Please read the description below thoroughly before inquiring.
Boys and Girls Country’s mission is to change the lives of children from families in crisis by loving and nurturing them in a Christian home, raising them to become self-sustaining and contributing adults. Boys and Girls Country provides a loving, stable, Christian home for children whose family cannot care for them.
Boys and Girls Country serves up to 88 boys and girls aged five to eighteen and 14-20 young adults in our College and Career program. Boys and Girls Country is located northwest of Houston (www.boysandgirlscountry.org).
Teaching Parents are the backbone of Boys and Girls Country, building vital relationships with our children and raising them as their own. Being a Teaching Parent at Boys and Girls Country is a calling—it requires full-time attention, with Teaching Parents living onsite and working an 8 day on/4 day off rotation. Teaching Parents commit their time to the welfare, health, education, and spiritual development of our children. Teaching Parents also work in conjunction with the rest of the Boys and Girls Country staff, and report directly to the Program Manager assigned to their cottage. Teaching Parents may be a team or a single person with non-dependent children.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· A commitment to emulate and support the Christian mission of Boys and Girls Country.
· Must be able to live onsite in one of 11 cottages and care for the children in the cottage.
· A full-time commitment to caring for the children in their cottage, and looking out for all of our children. This position requires that Teaching Parents do not work an additional job.
· A commitment to work 24 hours a day for 8 days, with 4 days off.
· A willingness to undergo extensive training about Boys and Girls Country, our policies and procedures, and our teaching model.
· A commitment to actively use the Family Teaching Model with all of our children.
Critical Skill Set:
Our Teaching Parent candidates should:
· Feel called to a life of service and caring for children.
· Be able to function as a dependable team member.
· Have the ability to live on-site and work 24 hours per day, with an 8 day on - 4 days off schedule.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently on several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
· Follows company policies and procedures designed to maintain resident, visitor, and employee safety.
Ensure all necessary steps are taken to provide for the safety and welfare of staff, children, visitors, and volunteers.
Follows company policies and procedures regarding the safety of residents when transporting.
· Is knowledgeable of and adheres to Boys and Girls Country Mission and Vision Statement.
Teaching Parent staff must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be cleared through a criminal background and FBI fingerprint investigation.
Must be cleared through a drug panel test
All staff who have contact with students must be tested for tuberculosis before the staff is assigned a responsibility to care for students
Must complete or have current CPR and First Aid training within 90 days of employment
Must attend Boys and Girls Country orientation and pre-service training prior to being assigned responsibility for the care of students.
Must complete at least 30 hours of in-service training annually.
High School Diploma or state-authorized high school equivalent certificate required
Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
A minimum of three years' job-related experience.
Must be highly organized and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Valid Texas driver’s license and good driving history.
Ability to transport children in agency vehicles to include 15 passenger vans
Must understand and carry out the core value, mission, and Christian based approach of the organization.
Employee - Full Time
Contact this Employer »